Sunday 11 August 2013

All right stop, collaborate and listen.

Note to self:  Don't read Frankie magazine before bed ever again.  Until the next time you do.

It's not a great start to the new week when you haven't slept at all and only managed around four hours the night before.  But this is something that I experience more often than not.  It's exhausting, obviously, and it's extremely disruptive to life.  But I try to make the best of it, because it's in this restlessness that I have time to think (too much time!) about what I want for Marmalade, and what I need to do to achieve it.

  
Here is what kept me awake last night:

It all started with Frankie.  I love/hate this magazine.  I was flipping through my May/June issue, alternating between oohing and awwing at the many talented creatives from various industries and as usual cursing myself for not being as good as them.  I got into bed and turned out my light but my eyes wouldn't close.  Ideas started buzzing through my brain.  The new website I want to design; I should get onto that.  I can see it in my head, and I love it.  It's exactly what it should have been all this time.  But what good is a shiny new website with a shiny new look without shiny new designs?  I should get onto that too. They can't remain a collection of notes and thumbnail sketches.  Duh, it's much easier to sell a product that exists, stupid. 

What else?  Oh yeah, there are of course the supplies I bought months ago to begin making jewellery.  Why in the frilly heck do I think of designs for these at 4 a.m?  Just lucky I guess.  Wall art; my ideas keep changing for this.  Do I want to sell them with frames or just as posters?  Is it even worthwhile going ahead with both the jewellery and the wall art or should I just focus for the moment on invitations?

Then I start wondering if and when I'll get around to opening an Etsy shop,  purchase a new back up printer/scanner, or become more active with my marketing.  

It's enough to lose sleep over...oh wait, I already have.




So it's about 8 a.m. on a Monday and my brain is already foggy, the excitement of all the ideas I want to implement is draining along with my energy and hand/eye coordination.  Awesome start to the week.  I may have to have a "business nap."

Deb.





3 comments:

  1. LOL Oh the early hours creativity buzz!!
    Definitely the wall art in frames AND posters as well, gives the public the choice :)
    You are so funny, I love reading your blogs ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rach, both for reading my blog and for your suggestion. I really appreciate it xxx

      Delete
  2. Thanks Rach, both for reading my blog and for your suggestion. I really appreciate it xxx

    ReplyDelete