Sunday 2 June 2013

Episode IV: A New Blog

The last three weeks have been a mixed bag of frustration, anger, crappy designs and small victories.  I may have bitten off more than I can chew by removing every single product from my e-store, Marmalade Event Stationery with grand plans of updating everything with a fresh new look.  In my mind this was going to be a piece of cake.  Designs would flow and the site would be updated every day with glorious new stationery, wall art and jewellery that would have customers placing mega orders.  But now I have no products at all and to add to the fun times my server is down today.  Great for business!

I have lots of design ideas, that's not the problem.  Sometimes what ends up before you on the screen looks nothing like what you picture in your head.  A lot of times it's just plain awful and needs to be shelved.  A swing and a miss.  Then there are the rare gems that take you by surprise and what you arrive at is nothing like you imagined, instead it's so much better than your original idea.  A home run!  I haven't had many of these in recent weeks and it is disheartening.  

Nobody aspires to be average or mediocre.  We want to leave behind something in this world that says we were here and just look at what we achieved.   I'll keep on persevering because I have big dreams for this business and I know where I want it to go.  I just need to get things back on course.

And of course not do anything stupid like empty a website of every product.


May the font be with you.

Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment